You will need...
- x2 tablespoons of white miso paste
- 1 litre of water / vegetable stock / chicken stock
- 150g of mushrooms (I used shiitake mushrooms)
- x3 pak choi
- x2 chicken breasts
- 1 or 2 spring onions
1. Wash and chop the mushrooms and pak choi. I cut the pak choi in half lengthways and kept the mushrooms fairly large as both will reduce anyway once you start to cook. Chop the chicken into small pieces / strips.
2. Shallow fry the spring onions and chicken until the chicken is cooked. Gradually add the mushrooms and pak choi.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the white miso paste and water. You can add vegetable stock or chicken stock instead of water if you prefer - however I found the soup nice enough without stock. Add to rest of the ingredients in the pan.
4. Slowly bring to the boil. Once boiled, continue to simmer. You can add vegetable and chicken stock if you wish, but when I tasted mine, it had plenty of flavour already. Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve.
Serves 2 people
Light, healthy and very quick to rustle up, it's the perfect soup to come home to after a long day at work. The chicken can easily be substituted for tofu too if you're veggie! If you decide to give this a try, make sure you Tweet me @Lucy_Angele using the hashtag #cookwithlucy or leave me a comment below because as ever, I'd love to see your creations! :)