I own this dress in "cassis" which is a beautiful berry sort of colour, and cries out for a matching berry lip. This dress also comes in khaki and black, which given the wonderful fit and feel of the dress, is making me seriously consider picking up the other two colours to complete the set. Particularly now that they're in the sale for a mere £30.
The sleeves can rolled up or down - depending on what takes your fancy! - and the belt helps to create some shape by nipping you in at the waist. The material of the dress is lightweight and thin - but by no means see through! - making it the ideal choice for summer getaways, day trips and the like.
For my summer inspired look, I wanted to keep things simple, to let the dress do the talking. It's such a beautiful colour, it makes enough of a statement as it is. I teamed mine with delicate jewellery and Valentino style criss cross flats. However there is a lot of potential to style a shirt dress like this. My top tips:
- Wear with lace-up-the-leg gladiator sandals to emphasise tanned pins. Go for a tan coloured sandal to contrast beautifully against that lovely berry colour
- Wear with a large floppy hat and shades for the ultimate summer look. Very fashion. Very instagram.
- Try a chunky knit on top and ankle boots for an off duty model sort of look. This will transform the dress into a button up skirt for an alternative use
- When travelling or out and about, for the ultimate capsule wardrobe, why not repeat wear another day, but this time with the dress tucked into high waisted shorts or jeans? This will give the dress a new lease of life and will save you valuable suitcase space for bringing back souvenirs and duty free! ;)
Hope you like the dress and that this piece allows you to find inspiration for how to incorporate shirt dresses into your summer wardrobe! On me it's a pretty decent length meaning it's a perfectly acceptable item for me to wear to the office or for other occasions where I need to be a little more covered up!
* Dress very kindly provided by JD Williams but as ever, all opinions are my own!